Liputan6.com, Jakarta- European Cup in 2016 within days will begin. The quadrennial tournament was held June 10 to July 11, 2016 in France . A few days ahead of the opening match, the fear of terrorist attacks has increased. ISIS allegedly planned to attack this prestigious event.
ISIS threat of attack in the middle course of the European Cup is very real. For the last two years there has been a terrorist attack three times in Europe. France even twice felt the attacks by ISIS. While the other attacks occurred in Belgium.
Even more worrisome, ISIS ever tried to blow the biggest stadium in France, Stade de France last November, when Les Bleus middle of dealing with Germany in the test match.Lucky when the bomb exploded just outside the stadium. Lately ISIS also often targeting football fans who were watching either at the stadium or through a glass screen.
"I did not hesitate at all when the Euro is on the list of potential targets for ISIS, for obvious reasons. The threat is very high. We have learned a lot of attacks last November," said Wainwright.
ISIS intends to use suicide bombings, to the chemical weapons to kill the English fans before the Three Lions against Russia June 11 in Marseille. The attack planned to be carried out when the English fans were in the official fan-zone.
Anticipating attacks ISIS, Britain plans to ban the fans who come to France for a drink at the outside bar. Because ISIS is feared will be a shooting attack outside a bar.
Abdeslam had been arrested and are now languishing in the largest prison in Europe, Fleury-Merogis. But the fear of a terrorist attack during the European Cup is still very large. Abdeslam followers and sympathizers of other ISIS will probably continue Abdeslam plan in retaliation for the arrest of 26 year-old man.
Worries about a terrorist attack during Euro 2016 also appears that the United States in early June issued a warning to its citizens to avoid the quadrennial event. "The number of tourists visiting Europe in the summer would be a bigger target for terrorists," said the Foreign Ministry in a statement to CNN, on Tuesday (01/06/2016).
In its travel alert for US citizens, the US State Department calls for the possibility of terrorist attacks not only in France, but across Europe.
Not only football championship, warning also appears linked to the Tour de France and the Catholic Church's Youth Day in Krakow, Poland. The second event is expected to attract 2.5 million visitors.
France promised to do everything to ensure ISIS does not attack the European Cup in 2016. The French believe that they can prevent some parties rejected requests to cancel the European Cup in 2016.
To ensure the security of the European Cup in 2016, France will deploy more than 90,000 police and security officers. They also extended the state of emergency status.
0 Response to "Overshadowed European Cup terror threat ISIS"
Post a Comment